Careers with Dlala Studios
Whilst we aren’t ever looking to get too big, through fear of losing our family feel, we are always interested in meeting twisted individuals, just like ourselves, who are passionate about making games.
We may be a small studio hidden away in Essex (not really that hidden actually – we are just 40 minutes by train from London), but we have already worked with some of the biggest companies in the world; creating games with partners such as Disney, Microsoft and the Institute for Creative Technologies.
As a studio, we are completely staff-driven, offering competitive salaries, flexibility and perks for all team members.
We believe in everyone having a voice in the company and that all ideas are valid, no matter where they come from. So, if you are an open-minded person (who doesn’t mind bad language), and want to create awesome games, with awesome people, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a highly talented and experienced Unity Developer to join our team based in Witham, Essex. The role involves working closely with the Design and Art departments to help build gameplay systems and features.
The successful candidate will be working on Battletoads.
- Write extensible and easily maintained game code using C# in the Unity game engine
- Work closely with other team members to implement core gameplay systems and features
- Create Unity Editor tools to aid asset pipeline and creation
- Develop and test code, fix bugs and profile and optimise code as required
- Provide time estimates to leads and management; keep co-workers informed about progress of programming deliverables
- Collaborate effectively with a small, high energy team of artists and designers
Core Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience full-time at a games studio in a relevant role
- 2+ years Unity experience commercial/demonstrable non-commercial
- One or more shipped PC/Console product
- A strong working knowledge of Unity 2D and 3D
- Good knowledge of 3D Math
- Ability to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards
- Proactive problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Professional, passionate and collaborative work attitude, with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A passion for making and playing games
- Unity Graphics: working knowledge of rending pipeline and shaders
- Experience with Xbox One Development
- A portfolio showcasing your skills
Work Location: Witham, EssexApply Now