Careers with Dlala Studios
Our independence and the ability for everyone to know each other as more than just a passing face in the office is important to us. However, we are always meeting passionate game makers who wanted to join our bunch of twisted individuals.
Whilst we like to think we’re Essex’s best hidden secret, we’re actually only a single train ride away from London (35 minutes) and have worked with some of the biggest companies in the world; collaborating with partners such as Microsoft, Disney, Rare and the Institute for Creative Technologies.
We believe in everyone having a voice in the company and that all ideas are valid, no matter where they come from. So, if you are an open-minded person (who doesn’t mind bad language), and want to create awesome games, with awesome people, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a 2D VFX artist with experience working in Unity to join us as a remote-based contractor. Working within a collaborative multi-discipline environment, the role involves the development and implementation of features relating to VFX, working closely with the Art Director as well as the Art and Design teams to ensure the game both looks and plays great. The successful candidate will be contributing to an exciting new project with a much-loved established IP.
This role will report to the Art Manager.
- Creating 2D VFX designs
- Creating in-game assets
- Implementing effects in Unity
- A working knowledge of Unity’s Shuriken Particle System
- Experience with creation of basic shaders and shader usage
- Proactive problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Experience creating 2D frame by frame VFX animations
- A working knowledge of Photoshop
- Professional and collaborative work attitude
- Great organisational skills
- A passion for making and playing games